Garmin GPS Update
Garmin Express is a software that manages your Garmin navigation and fitness devices. It is necessary to install this application to update your Garmin GPS devices. The software gives you desktop notifications of all the latest updates available and step-by-step instructions to install them. Also, you can save your preferred maps in the application and then transfer onto your device. Hence, for the Garmin GPS update, you need to follow the below-given procedure.
Procedure for GPS Update
- Start the process by opening a web browser.
- Then, visit garmin.com/express by typing it in the address bar.
- Now, select either Download for Mac or Download for Windows according to your operating system. Once the file is downloaded, double-click on it and the file will start running.
- When the installation window appears on your screen, click on the License Agreement link and read it carefully.
- If you agree with all the terms and conditions of the agreement, click on the Install button given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- When the Installation Successful window appears on your screen, click on the Launch Garmin Express tab.
- Now to access the application, click on the Get Started tab in the next window.
- Next, it will show you the Add Device window. To begin the process of Garmin GPS Update, click on the Add Device icon.
- Now, attach a USB cable from your GPS device to your system. The software will keep searching until your device is not found.
- Once the “Device found” window display on your screen, click on the Add Device button which is located below your product name.
- Now, you need to sign in to your account for the Garmin GPS Update. For signing in:
- Enter your email address that is linked with your Garmin account.
- Then, enter the password that you used at the time of account creation.
- After that, click on the Sign In tab.
- But, if you have not created a Garmin account before, click on the Create Account tab. Then, follow the instructions displayed on your screen for account creation and Sign In.
- Now, if your product is not registered with Garmin Express, it will show you the product registration window. For registration, simply provide your email address and click on the Next button.
- It will take you to a new window. Enter your device nickname and then click on the Next button.
- If you are installing the updates for Garmin wearables, it may show you a window of “Wifi Networks” to upload your data to Garmin Connect wirelessly. Hence, set up a Wi-Fi network and your GPS device will sync automatically when in range of your network.
- Now, the setup is complete and the software will start checking for the available Garmin GPS updates. Click on the view details link and a list of all the software and map updates will appear on your screen.
- Select your desired updates that you wish to install from the list. To start the installation process, click on the Install button which is located next to your chosen update.
- Now, the dialog box of Software License agreements will appear on your screen. Review all its terms and conditions. It is necessary to accept the license agreement to install the updates. Hence click on the Accept button which is positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window. But if you do not agree with the terms, click on the Cancel button but it will stop the installation process.
- Now, all your selected updates start installing. The program first install the software updates, then it will begin installing the maps. The installation process may take some time so you need to wait until all the software and maps updates get installed successfully.
- In between the installation process, you are not allowed to Unplug your device or turn off your system.
- When the process is completed and all the updates are installed, the “Updates Complete” window will appear on your screen. To see all the installed updates, click on the Check for Updates tab which is given at the top-right corner of the window.
- Now, close the Garmin Express application. Also, unplug your device by removing the USB cable. Now you can view all the Garmin GPS updates on your device.