Garmin Map Update
➜ Install Garmin Express For Garmin Map Update
- Firstly, open your preferred web browser on your computer.
- After that, type in “Garmin.com/express” in the browser’s address bar. Then, press the Enter key.
- On this window, you will get the download link. Before moving further, you must confirm your system’s operating system. This is important because the different operating system requires you to download the different setup files.
- Search for the download link as per your desired operating system. In this window, you will get a highlighted tab stating “Download for Windows”. Below this, you will get the link for “System Requirements” followed by the link “Download for Mac”.
- In case, you missed out to check out your system requirements before, you can check it now. For this, click on its respective link and verify that your system conforms to it.
- After this, click on “Download for Windows” or “Download for Mac” accordingly. Windows users must click on the “Download for Windows” link. Whereas, Mac users must click on the “Download for Mac” link.
- It will start the downloading process.
- Once the Garmin Express software is downloaded, you have to install it. Locate the downloaded setup file in the default location i.e Download folder.
- Double-click on the downloaded setup file.
- The Installer will guide you through the installation process. All you have to do is simply follow the on-screen prompts carefully.
- During the process, you will be prompted to read and accept the “Software License Agreement”. Hence, carefully read the document and tick mark its corresponding checkbox. Click on the “Install” button.
➜ Connect Garmin GPS To Computer For Garmin Map Update
- To start the process of Garmin Map Update, disassemble your Garmin Device. then you need to prepare it for establishing a connection with your system. This requires you to press the power button to turn it on properly otherwise the Garmin Express will not be able to recognize it.
- Now, connect your Garmin Device with the help of a USB cable. Connect one end of the USB cable to your computer and another end with your Garmin device.
- Next, launch Garmin Express by double-clicking its respective icon.
- Click on the “Get Started” tab.
- Consequently, the following window requires you to add your device. Click on the “Add a Device” tab.
- Click on “Add Device” when prompted. As such, it will locate your Garmin Device and connect it.
- Follow on-screen prompts and complete the connection.
Register Your Garmin Device For Garmin Update
Register your device by entering your email address associated with the Garmin account for Garmin Map Update. Then, click on the “Next” button.
* Sync With Garmin Connect
- Thereafter, Sync with Garmin Connect and then sign in to your Garmin account. Follow the below-given instructions for signing in.
- Click on the blue sign in button.
- Thereafter, enter your email address and password that you used at the time of account creation. Click on the Sign In button again.
- If you have not created your account, click on create an account and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the next window, synchronize your settings. Enter your device nickname and choose your preferred language. Click on the “Next” button.
- Now, you must have a high-speed internet connection for installing all the map updates. For that, set a Wi-Fi network, if you want a wireless connection.
- Otherwise, use an Ethernet cable for wired connection. When the connection is established, click on the “Next” button.
- Read all the terms and conditions of the Privacy Statement by clicking on its link. If you agree with the agreement, click on the “Yes” button.
- The software will start checking for all the map updates for the Garmin Map Update.
* Update Garmin GPS
At last, you can install the available updates on your GPS Device for the Garmin Map Update. However, you will also have to Register your device if you haven’t registered it before.
- As your device is connected to the software, it will redirect you to the dashboard of Garmin Express.
- The application automatically detects all the available updates. As such, you will get a list of all the updates including the Map updates on its dashboard.
- Click on “Install All” or “Select All” to install all of the available updates. However, if you want to install the updates individually. Then, click on the “Install” button.
- Garmin Express will update Garmin GPS Device with the latest maps and software.
- However, this might take some time. Wait for the process to complete properly.
- It will notify you about the success of the Garmin Map Update process. Subsequently, it will inform you when it is safe to disconnect your device. Unplug the Device only when you get this message.