Garmin Nuvi Update
To initiate the process of Garmin Nuvi Update, follow the below set of instructions carefully.
How To Perform Nuvi Update?
Here is the complete guide of instructions to update Garmin Nuvi.
➜ Install Garmin Express
- First of all, you must open your preferred web browser. For instance, you may have Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc on your computing device.
- Thereafter, go to the official website of Garmin Express. For this, type in “garmin.com/express” in the browser’s address bar. After this, press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- In the following window, click on the “Download For Window” or “Download For Mac” as per your operating system on which you are downloading the software.
- As a result, this will start downloading the file. When the software completely downloads, double-click the file in order to continue with the process of installation.
- After that, read all the terms and conditions mentioned in the agreement thoroughly. However, if you agree to all the terms and conditions of the document, click on the “Install” button given there.
- In the end, wait for the installation process to complete for the Garmin Nuvi Update.
➜ Add your Device To Garmin Express
- After installing Garmin Express on your preferred device, the next step is to add your device to Garmin Express. For this, you must click on the “Launch Garmin Express” tab to open the application. This tab is located at the bottom of the window.
- After this, you have to click on Add a Device tab. This tab is located at the bottom of the page.
- After this, you need to connect your Garmin Nuvi device to your system with the help of a USB cable. For this, connect one end of the USB cable with a computer and another end with the Garmin Nuvi device.
- As a result, the software will start searching for your device. Once the searching is completed, it will show you the Device Found window.
- Thereafter, click on the Add Device button which is positioned below your product name. But if your device is not found, click on the Search Again link.
- To install the updates, you need to sign in to your Garmin account. For this, you have to enter your registered address and password and click sign in. But if you have not created a Garmin account before, click on the Create an account button given there. Then, follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the account creation and sign in process.
- Next, it will take you to the Product Registration window. Provide your email address into the required field. Also, to receive notifications of the latest offers, select the checkbox given there. Then, click the Next tab located at the bottom of the window.
- In the subsequent window, enter your device nickname and click “Next”.
- As a result, it will redirect you to a new window. After that, you have to click on the View Privacy Statement link and read all its terms and conditions carefully. If you agree with the terms, select the “Yes” checkbox and then click on the Finish button.
- Now the setup is complete and it will start checking all the updates for the Garmin Nuvi Update.
➜ Software and Map Updates For Garmin Nuvi Update
- Once the searching process is completed, click on the view details link given there.
- By doing so, it will show you a list of all the software and map updates. You need to click on the Install button after choosing your preferred updates.
- Next, a dialog box of the Licence Agreement will appear on your screen. Scroll down the page and read all the terms and conditions thoroughly. For the Garmin Nuvi Update, you must accept the license agreement. Hence, click on the Accept button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- While the Garmin updates are in progress, you are not allowed to unplug your device or turn off the system. Also, the updates in the software will be the first for installation and then the map updates will begin.
- Once the installation is complete, you can view the updates by clicking the Check for Updates tab.
- In the end, close the Garmin Express application and unplug your device.
Hence, this concludes the process of the Garmin Nuvi Update successfully.