To update your Garmin devices, firstly you need to download and install the Garmin Express application on your system. It is a software that manages your GPS devices, register your product and gives you notifications for the new garmin map update. So, for the Garmin update, you need to follow the given guide.
➜ Download and Install Garmin Express
- First of all, open a web browser, for example, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
- Now, type garmin.com/express in the address bar and then press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- Then, the Software Download window will appear on your screen. Click the “Download for Windows” or “Download for Mac” tab based on your operating system. By doing so, it will begin downloading the setup file.
- Once the download is over, double-click the file to initiate the installation process.
- After that, review all the terms and conditions of the License Agreement thoroughly. If you agree with it, click on the Install button given there. It will start installing the software.
- Now, you need to wait for its completion.
➜ Add your Device To Garmin Express
- After the installation process is completed, click on the “Launch Garmin Express” tab to open the application.
- In the next window, click on the Get Started tab.
- When the Add Device window appears, click on Add a Device tab.
- Now, for Garmin Update, you need to connect your GPS device to your system. For that, attach a USB cable from your Garmin device to the computer and make sure that the USB cable is properly inserted.
- By doing so, the software will start searching for your device. Once the software detects your device, it will show you the Device Found window. Click on the Add Device button which is given below your product name. In case your device is not found, click on the Search Again link.
- In the next window, you will be asked to sign in to your account for Garmin Update. Hence, provide your email address and password that is registered with your Garmin account. Then, click Sign In.
- But if you do not have an account, click on the Create an Account tab and follow the on-screen instructions for account creation and sign in.
- It will take you to a new window. Enter your device nickname into the given field. Then click on the Next button located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- This completes the setup of your Garmin device. Now, the software will start searching for the available Garmin updates.
Software and Garmin Map Update
- Once the searching process of the latest updates is done, click on the Install All tab to install all the software and map updates.
- Alternatively, you can click on the view details link given there and it will show you a list of all the software and map updates. Now you can install any update according to your preference.
- Hence, select the updates that you wish to install. Then, click on the Install button which is given next to your selected updates.
- Now, it will show you a dialog box of the Licence Agreement on your screen. Read the agreement and all its terms and conditions by scrolling down the page. It is necessary that you agree with all the terms of the agreement for installing the updates. So, click on the Accept button located at the bottom-right corner of the window. But if you click on the Cancel button, it will stop the installation process.
- As the installation process may take a few minutes to complete, you need to wait for its completion. While the updates are installing, make sure that you do not unplug your device or turn off your system.
- Also, Garmin Express will first install the software updates. Once all the software are installed, it will start installing the map updates.
- When the screen says- “Updates Complete”, you can view all the Garmin updates by clicking on the Check for Updates tab.
- At last, close the Garmin Express application and remove the USB cable from the system to unplug your device. This finishes the process of the Garmin Update.