Garmin Fenix 5 Review: The Best Outdoor GPS Watch
➥ Compatible With Connect IQ Store
The Garmin Fenix 5 watch can be connected with the Connect IQ store that lets you customize your watch. It is the place from where you can download various apps for swimming and other sports apps or SmartThings for better functionality of your watch. Along with this, you can download innovative watch faces, favorable widgets, add data fields from the IQ store, and then easily update them on your watch. With Connect IQ Store, you can put streaming music directly on your Garmin Fenix 5 watch and can control it accordingly. Also, there is a Running Power App available in Connect IQ Store, and you can download it on your watch. It helps you to determine how much power or force you apply while running on the ground.
➥ Easy to Update via Garmin Express
It is important to update the software of your Garmin wearables periodically to optimize its performance. Garmin Fenix 5 watch can be easily updated from time-to-time by connecting with the Garmin Express application. Garmin Fenix 5 update is simple and can be done within a couple of minutes. All you need to do is to connect your watch with the app by using a USB cord, select your device, and if any update available, Garmin Express will send it to your watch. Later on, you can go to the Software Update section on your watch and perform the update. So the Garmin Fenix 5 watch is easy-to-update which counts as a great advantage.
➥ Customizable Interface
Garmin Fenix 5 watches can be personalized by using interchangeable watch bands. You can choose any band that matches your style and fits your watch. Also, you will not require any tools to change the watch bands and you can swap between different bands easily. Furthermore, you can customize your Garmin Fenix watch face with any photo from your phone’s gallery. You just have to download the Garmin Face It app on your smartphone, connect it with your watch, choose a photo from your phone gallery, and set it as your watch face. So if you want to customize your watch as per your preference, this could be the best watch for you.
➥ Characteristics Of Garmin Fenix 5
- The watch comprises advanced GPS and GLONASS Satellite feature that will help you to track all your preferred destinations even in more challenging environments. So you can go anywhere by following the navigation instructions provided by your Fenix 5 watch.
- The watch has an altimeter, barometer, and compass sensor capabilities that help you to correctly monitor ascent and descent and also give you information regarding weather conditions.
- You can sync data by using the Garmin Connect application on your watch and upload all the activities accordingly.
- It provides great readability even in the sunlight or while you are running. The watch has an effective, advanced, high-resolution Chroma Display that lets you read instructions on the watch without any hassle even in the intense sunlight.
- The watch keeps you informed regarding all your fitness activities. It monitors your heart rate regularly so that you can take immediate action or burn your calories to keep you fit.
- It measures your daily-based performance and effectively monitors your training. It is equipped with a “Training Status” tool that analyses your daily exercise history and keeps you informed whether you are doing well or not. By using this watch, you can also view your training status for the last 7 days and do a day-to-day comparison. In this manner, you can push-up your limits and enhance your fitness activities.
- Fenix 5 watches also track your swimming, skiing, golfing and other sports activities. It tracks your stroke count, stroke rate, distance, and a lot more. So, by using this watch you can carry out your various activities with ease.
➥ Cons of Garmin Fenix 5 Watch
- This watch has no Built-In memory that can be used for storage and playback of music.
- The Garmin Fenix price is quite expensive in comparison with other Garmin watches.
- The battery life of the Garmin Fenix watch is 14 days in Smartwatch mode and 24 hours in GPS mode which is quite good. But many of the users desire more battery life in GPS mode.
- The Wifi feature is not present on Fenix 5. It is only available with the Sapphire Units and for that, you have to pay an additional cost. Due to this, you can not sync your data through a wireless network.