IPL utilizes light energy to target a specific color in your skin. When the skin is heated, your body eliminates unwanted cells, which gets rid of the condition you are being treated for. Unlike lasers, IPL devices send out more than one wavelength of pulsating light. IPL Photofacial The Woodlands, makes you look younger since your skin tone becomes more even. Also, because the light does not hurt other tissue, you can recover quickly.
Common benefits of having IPL therapy
IPL photofacial rejuvenation therapy is a new skin treatment that may address various issues such as dark spots, wrinkles, acne, and broken capillaries. If you are thinking about getting this cosmetic operation, here are some of the advantages:
- It may be done anywhere: Most people begin with the face, but after they see the benefits, they go on to other problem regions of the skin, such as the neck, shoulders, and chest. With IPL therapies, anywhere you have skin or skin issues is an area that photofacial rejuvenation can fix.
- Can help repair tiny blood vessels: If you have small blood vessels that have gotten visible, enhance sunspots, or cause other abnormalities in pigmentation, IPL is an excellent solution to help clear your skin.
- Reduces the appearance of aging: While IPL is not a solution for anti-aging, it does have long-term effects in reducing symptoms of age, such as wrinkles, sunspots, and other markers of aging.
Also, IPL promotes collagen formation and helps enhance skin texture by treating a deeper layer of the skin, minimizing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Helps control acne: If you have severe acne and experience difficulty managing the redness and inflammation caused by acne, IPL treatments can help. IPL may also help remove large pores, thus, reducing the appearance of acne on your skin without the need to apply topical products that dry out the skin regularly.
Recovery after IPL treatment
It might feel like you have a sunburn for 4-6 hours after treatment. Ice packs or a cool washcloth may assist you in feeling better. Also, your skin might be red or bruised for a day or two. Some brown spots may get darker, but they should peel off within a few weeks. While you are healing:
- Avoid putting on makeup if your skin hurts.
- Apply moisturizing lotion.
- Use sunscreen to protect yourself. Ensure it has an SPF of at least 30 and a physical blocker such as zinc. Also, reapply it every 2 hours, even if it is not sunny outdoors.
- Use a cleaner for sensitive skin to wash your face.
IPL is a type of skin therapy used to lessen the appearance of aging or to get rid of unsightly hair. Other applications include reducing the appearance of skin hyperpigmentation, such as freckles, birthmarks, and age spots.
This form of light treatment works better on those with lighter skin, and most people require many rounds of treatment. Although IPL is typically safe, problems such as discomfort, edema, and bleeding can occur. Call Woodlands Aesthetics or book your appointment online to determine if you are the ideal candidate for IPL treatments.